Possessive Lover Poured Acid On Sleeping Boyfriend After Falsely Calling Him A Cheater

A woman was sentenced to 14 years in prison after dousing her sleeping boyfriend with acid while he slept.

Esther Afrifa claims she led the attack on Kelvin Pogo because she thought he was having an affair – but it later turned out that was not the case.

The 28-year-old bought a liter of sulfuric acid online and poured it on her 29-year-old boyfriend at their Wembley home.

The attack happened at 3:30 a.m. on December 22, 2019 and quickly burned his t-shirt, Harrow Crown Court learned this week.

Speaking to the Evening Standard, Mr Pogo, who now has life-changing scars all over his face and body, said: “Every day I wake up is like the day she wakes up. ‘attacked. It is as if time has stood still.

Kelvin Pogo suffered horrific burns

“Every time there is a knock on the door, I’m afraid someone will hurt me. She was my world and she did this to me. I just can’t figure it out.

When the incident first happened, he didn’t realize who was in charge and told Ms Afrifa to call the police – she pretended to do so, before preventing another friend from ‘call 999. She then canceled a cab that was supposed to take her to the hospital.

And to make matters worse, she poured more acid on his face and body as he lay on the couch, resting the injuries he had already suffered.

After Kelvin screamed out of their apartment, a member of the public managed to get him medical attention.

Mr Pogo also told the court how Ms Afrifa tried to get him to drink even more acid from a Nike sports bottle, but was arrested due to her lack of confidence in tap water, dating back to her childhood in his native Africa.

Condemning the jealous woman, Judge Charles Bourne QC called it a “really bad thing to do.”

And Detective Constable Tom Dawood, the investigating officer, said: ‘I would like to congratulate colleagues from the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade who quickly came to the scene and provided essential first aid which undoubtedly reduced the severity of his injuries.

“I am happy that Afrifa has been brought to justice for her horrific crime and that she will now be serving a substantial prison sentence.”

Ms Afrifa will more than likely be deported to her native Ghana upon her release.

For the latest breaking news and stories from The Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here

Source link

Comments are closed.