Responsible for direct and independent partnerships with agencies, NSW
Message of public interest : Pedestrian Group has a business leadership gig available! We are looking for a High End Business Operator who can lead a team of brilliant humans to create and sell branded content across our brands: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE, REFINERY29, BUSINESS INSIDER, GIZMODO, KOTAKU, LIFEHACKER and OPENAIR CINEMAS.
Role: Responsible for direct and independent partnerships with agencies, NSW
Role details: As a leader within the Pedestrian Group business, your main tasks as Head of Direct and Independent Agency Partnerships, NSW are to lead a team of Partnership Managers and Partnership Managers, in order to identify new business opportunities and driving our business production to meet revenue targets. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, this role requires existing market relationships, the ability to identify new sources of revenue and to provide advice and coaching to partnership managers and partnership directors. You must confidently balance the interests of Pedestrian Group with customer and market demands and collaborate with all internal departments to create compelling solutions that make Pedestrian Group business opportunities stand out from the market.
You will work in all the commercial properties of the pedestrian group. The role requires a multidisciplinary approach, someone who can collaborate effectively with internal services, provide leadership and advice, but who is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
Your main missions will be:
- Lead a psychologically secure team – in a fast paced sales environment.
- Track and manage team sales pipeline and account activity in ADvendio with 100% accuracy.
- Research, close and develop new and existing business to regularly meet and exceed sales targets.
- Build an intimate understanding of the pedestrian group’s offerings / products and their place in the industry.
- Build relationships with clients at all levels (IE: media planners to senior executives)
- Create and review market leading locations across all pedestrian platforms (native, video, podcast, events, activations) for our Agency and Direct clients. With this, you need to understand the client’s goals and translate them into campaigns that deliver results.
- Build comprehensive customer proposals, including developed storyboards, distribution strategy, copywriting, and insights.
- Stimulate the first digital thinking to develop new products and solutions for our national sales team.
- Financial reports with 100% accuracy.
Terms & Conditions
- 8+ years of sales experience in online advertising.
- Sociable and able to create professional relationships. Contacts of advertisers at all professional levels – both junior and c-suite.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology.
- Active in industry trade and networking events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to QA own work
- “Hunter’s mentality”, tenacity and the ability to “think upright”.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
As an employee of the Pedestrian Group, you will enjoy perks such as corporate events, wellness programs, career development courses and a flexible work-life balance. But more importantly, you’ll be working alongside inspiring colleagues who will encourage you to give your best.
- Well-being – Our company’s Culture Club holds monthly yoga, meditation and tai chi sessions both virtually and IRL, and provides mental health support to all staff, so we are all Namaste Positive.
- health and fitness – Our Good sport The company’s initiative gives staff the opportunity to enroll in a seasonal sport of their choice. Whether it’s Netball, Basketball, Dodgeball or even Ax Throwing, it’s up to you!
- Charity and fundraising – Pay next is Pedestrian Group’s charity and community program, where we use our unique set of skills to help raise funds and raise awareness of issues affecting Australian youth.
- Work-life balance – We offer our employees flexible working arrangements and generous leave options for major life events and travel.
- Career development – We offer our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether through our monthly guest speaker series PEDTALKS, online learning platforms or in-person workshops.
- Social events and team bonds – Pedestrian group offers a variety of team bonding opportunities, team lunches, local Friday arvo knockoffs, team activities, team-wide summits company or just a regular barbecue on the balcony with a DJ and a cheeky marg station (socially distanced of course)
We work hard and party harder!
Working at Pedestrian Group gives you the chance to collaborate with a talented team in a dynamic work environment. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and career in one of Australia’s fastest growing digital media companies.
We believe in fearlessness and unfiltered creativity in everything we do!